This post may contain referral (affiliate) links.
If you click through and take action, I may receive compensation.
My full disclosure is here.
It’s our first week back to homeschooling and we’re still adjusting as you can probably tell from this late newsletter. Usually I write them on Thursday after the kids go to bed, but I apparently passed out while putting the little one to bed.
Links for homeschooling & distance learning:
- Today is the 19th anniversary of 9/11. My memory of the event is a bit of a daze as I was at home sleeping when my husband (then boyfriend) woke me up to ask if what he was watching real or a movie. It was such a surreal day, and so many lives were lost in a terribly short period of time. It’s horrible to think that tragedy is the only way to unite our country for a brief period. To learn more about that day, the 9/11 Memorial & Museum has lessons and virtual field trips to help kids learn about the tragic event.
- TinkerClass from WOW in the World started on Monday, but it’s not too late to get in on the game. My older two have been loving the activities.
- We love gameschooling, and My Little Poppies has a great little Top 5 list you should check out.
- Our homeschool charter teacher shared this awesome free Math tutoring website. (Thanks, Alicia!)
- Khan Academy has a new app for kids, and the little ones have been enjoying playing with it.
- I like the idea of nature journaling, but realize I need a little help in getting started so will probably sign up for No Sweat Nature Study.
- This game (affiliate) would be fun for Poetry Teatime.
- Do you suffer from art clutter? My kids keep producing works of art and I have no clue what to do with them, so I buckled down and got these portfolios (affiliate) as well as this frame set (affiliate).
- I’m always looking for fun science YouTube videos, and Mark Rober’s videos look pretty cool.
Links for you:
- The western states are on fire and the skies are orange and look apocalyptic here in Southern California, but my BFF up in Oakland says the skies make her think of Mars. While we’re on the topic of Mars, The Habitat is an interesting podcast of 6 volunteers living on a fake Mars, and I’m obsessed with both The Expanse (affiliate) book series and the Amazon show (affiliate) if you need a good dose of relevant SciFi.
- Two instagram accounts I love following include The Holistic Psychologist and The Confident Homeschooler.
Links from my dad (Thanks, Dad!):