I can’t believe it’s Fall and that it’s almost October. This has definitely been a crazy, crazy year, where the days just blend in with one another and we’re all living in lounge clothes.
That being said, it’s sadly been 8 months since we’ve seen my parents, and we’re finally driving down to visit them. Unfortunately it’ll be during a heat wave, but thankfully they have air conditioning. We just hope our chickens will be okay while we’re gone.
For the kids:
- Circle Time with Khan Academy Kids for the little ones.
- Websites and apps we’re using: Brain Pop, Touch-Type Read Spell, Khan Academy Kids, Duolingo.
- My kids have been into bodyboarding, so I’ll show them this compilation sometime this weekend.
- I like putting quiet background music or ambiance videos on when we’re doing independent work. We’re obsessed with the ASMR Weekly videos and have been putting Harry Potter inspired ambiance on rotation. Next month we’ll do the Halloween video.
- I just got the kids a puzzle mat for when they work on 300+ puzzles; I also ordered them a new dictionary and thesaurus to use for school work; and we just watched the Enola Holmes movie and now the kids want me to read the book series once we’re done with Charlotte’s Web.
For the parents:
- I’m still in the process of organizing my house, which is hard with kids that are constantly making messes. My goal is to create a cleaning station, and I came across this article: How to Create a Functional Cleaning Caddy
- Great tips from Khan Academy for those of you with kids distance learning.
- I’m sure this is TMI, but my family misses flushable wet wipes and I can’t seem to find them at stores. So this article was an interesting read: Why is Everything Sold Out.
- Have you watched The Social Dilemma? I haven’t yet, but my friend (and guest contributor), Sarah, said it was thought provoking. Definitely on my playlist for the weekend.
- What to Do with Extra Money
From my dad:
- Walmart Plus vs Amazon Prime
- The Twisted History of Cursive Writing
- Wise Words on Risk Management
- Raising Your Money-Savvy Family for Next Generation Financial Independence